123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer First Time Setup
123hpcom oj5740 Printer setup
Get started with your 123 HP Officejet Printer by unboxing your printer from the HP Printer box. After removing the printer from the box remove the packing sheet from the 123 HP 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer.
- Remove the packing one by one from the 123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer.
- Open the access door of the 123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer and remove the packing from that area.
- Now open the delivery tray from the Printer and remove the printer.
- Open the paper tray and then remove the packing from the paper tray area.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer installing ink cartridge:
To install the ink cartridge to your printer all you need to do is remove the ink cartridge from the package. Hold the cartridge by the sides and make sure you do not touch the metal strips.
- Now hold the 123 HP Ink Cartridge by the sides and remove the plastic tape from it.
- Place the 123 HP Ink cartridge on the ink carriage.
- Push the cartridge to the carriage until it snaps the end.
- Wait until the carriage aligns to the center.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer – connecting to power source:
123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer needs the main element to get started that is the power source. All you got to do is look out for the power cable in the 123 HP Printer box, if you do not find then contact the service provider,
- If you find the power cable for your 123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer,
- Connect the power cable to the rear of the printer.
- Also, Connect the other end of the printer to the Power source, make sure you do not plug to an high voltage.
- After connecting the power cord Turn ON your Printer.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer Support Installation
To get installed to MAC
Connect your MAC device to your 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer and get started with your printing. All you need to do is install the Air Print app from the istore. After installing the Air Print from the istore share the document to the app that you want to print and select the Print dialog box. On the print dialog box select your HP Officejet Printer and select the preferences for your document. After selecting the preferences select the number of copies that you want to print then select the print option. You document gets printed.
To get installed to Windows
To connect your 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer to your Windows computer, you will need an HP OJ Printer Software to be installed to your personal device. Find the 123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer Driver Setup CD in the HP printer Box. Now insert the HP Printer Driver Setup CD in your computer CD Drive and try installing. If you find any pop-up message stating that the Printer Setup has been outdated then you can download the HP Printer Setup from the 123.hp.com/setup 5740 . Now run the download the Setup file and install the Driver to your computer. In case if there is any Printer issue uninstall the Printer Driver and try reinstalling the Printer Driver. Now try using the Printer with your Windows operating system.
To get installed to Smartphones
Get started with your 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer from anywhere and anytime. Now it is really simple to print your documents using your smart phone all you need to do is install the google cloud print app. After installing your app to your smart phone share the document to your 123 HP Printer App and select the print dialog box, from your printer dialog box select the appropriate options and select the print option. Before selecting the print option select the number of copies that you wanted to print and click the black or color option and then print the document.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Windows 10 upgrade
The upgraded software of the windows has brought disappointment to the HP Users. That is the the new Windows 10 software is not supporting the 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer. In order to overcome this disorder and make the HP Users more comfortable, HP has launched a new driver setup for the windows 10 users. Now you can download the printer driver from the genuine website and start using your HP printer on your Windows 10 PC. The following are the steps to be done in installing the driver for your 123 HP Officejet 5740 printer on windows 10 device for more details or support on the windows 10 upgraded software for your 123 HP Printer visit 123.hp.com/setup 5740. To upgrade your HP Printer to work on your upgraded Windows 10 all you need to do is get your printer upgraded. HP Printer windows 10 can now get access to your HP Printer follow the following instructions,
- The latest updation of the windows is the windows 10.
- Most of the users have upgraded to the windows 10 and find it difficult for their old.
- Previous applications to run in the new upgraded operating system.
- The 123 HP Officejet 5740 printer setup has launched its new setup driver 123.hp.com/setup 5740 that supports the windows 10 operating system.
- After downloading this setup from the website, you can install and try printing using your windows 10.
123 HP Officejet 5740 – Wireless Connection:
123 HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Setup:
The most trending and the helpful feature that every HP Printer user requires is the Wireless Connection. In the developing world people find way to make their jobs more handy and hence they expect such kind of technologies in their day to day life and HP has understood the need for its customers.
- To connect your 123 HP Officejet Printer to your Wireless Network,
- You need to have SSID and Password.
- Now you can connect your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer to your wireless network.
- Connect your personal device to a wireless router.
- Make sure that your device is not connected through the USB connection.
- Connect the 123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer to the same Wireless router.
- After connecting your printer to the wireless router now you can print your documents.
- For more details about the wireless Setup refer 123.hp.com/setup 5740.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer Wireless Protected Setup
The Wireless Printer Setup is one of the secure way for sharing the document and print them using the Wireless Setup. You can now download the 123 HP Wireless Printer Setup from 123.hp.com/setup 5740. On installing the 123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer Setup you can easily share documents from anywhere,
- The WPS has two modes of connectivity over a wireless connection.
- One is the “push button” and the other is the “PIN”.
- To connect to using your WPS, both your device and your 123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer must support WPS push button option.
- The wireless router should have the physical WPS push button option.
- Your network must have WPA or WPA2 security.
- To connect your wireless 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer start the WPS push button mode on your printer.
- Within few minutes press the WPS on your router.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer Troubleshooting
The major issues that affects the 123 HP Printer from working normally are as follows. These are some of the common issues that occur while using your 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer. If in case if you happen to face some other issues that cannot be resolved on your own then you can visit 123.hp.com oj5740 to get clear information about the HP Printer issues.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer – Paper Jam Issues:
Check for the paper jam in your printer,
- Open the access door.
- Remove the paper path cover
- Remove the jammed paper by lifting duplex cover.
- Reinsert the path cover.
- Close the access door.
- Select OK on the control panel to continue the Job.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Printer – Scanner Issues:
Any problem with scanning your document, do the following.
- Open the scanner lid place, remove the duplexer from the HP Printer.
- Check whether the duplexer is clean and in good status.
- Fix the duplexer back to the printer.
- Now place the document in the right corner of the scanner glass.
- Close the lid and select the scan option.
- Check whether the document is scanned properly.
- If the problem exists then checkout 123.hp.com/setup 5740 for clear information.
123 HP Officejet 5740 – Regular functioning
123 HP Officejet 5740 – Printing Documents:
- Load the paper in the tray.
- On the file menu in your software app.
- Click PRINT.
- Confirm the HP Printer is selected in the list.
- Change the paper orientation on the layout tab.
123 HP Officejet 5740 – HP Scanning software:
- Load the original print-side down in the right-front scanner on the glass or in the ADF.
- Windows: from the computer desktop, click START, select All Programs, select the folder for the 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer, and then select HP Scan.
- Select a Scan Shortcut.
- Start scanning using SCAN option
123 HP Officejet 5740 – Copy documents:
- Make sure you have loaded in the main tray.
- Place the original with the print side down on the right corner of the scanner glass.
- Touch copy option.
- Change the additional settings.
- Select black or color and select the START button
123 HP Officejet 5740 – Sending Fax manually:
- Load the print side down in the right-front corner of the glass.
- Touch Fax and dial the number by using the keypad on the phone that is connected to the HP Printer.
- If the recipient answers the telephone, you can engage in a conversation before sending your fax.
- When your done send the fax, touch start black or start color.